Pandora Boards
Aion - What each class is all about Photo_11
Pandora Boards
Aion - What each class is all about Photo_11
Pandora Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pandora is an MMORPG Guild,our power can be seen on 9Dragons,Gates are always open to Friendly and Honest People..

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aion - What each class is all about

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Spirit-Fists
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Male Sagittarius Snake
Birthday : 1977-11-29
Job/Hobbies : Retail Management

Aion - What each class is all about Empty
PostSubject: Aion - What each class is all about   Aion - What each class is all about I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 6:21 pm

Mage --- Sorcerer

The Sorcerer follows the path of magic, mastering the elements of water, fire, wind, and earth. Sorcerers call on the strength of their spirit to issue bolts of fire to scorch opponents to the bone or to freeze them in place. Concentration during spellcasting is key, hence the reason Sorcerers team up with defensive classes for protection. They specialize in long-ranged attacks and are not suited for close combat.

Mage --- Spirit Master

The Spiritmaster’s chief responsibility is to summon and control elemental spirits, powerful forms of nature incarnate. This is done through a series of specific commands, such as attack and defend, that can be given via a simple on-screen control system. Other, more specialized and yet to be revealed commands exist beyond these basic controls, with each form of elemental spirit having its own unique skills and abilities.

The challenge for the Spiritmaster comes from recognizing which element to call on at any given time. Earth spirits are strong in defense abilities, Fire spirits specialize in melee attacks, Water spirits act as ranged magic spellcasters while Wind spirits are best utilized for their melee attacks. While it’s not possible to control different types of elemental spirits at the same time – Spiritmaster’s cannot control both an Earth and Water spirit simultaneously, for instance – by summoning the correct spirit for the situation in hand, Spiritmasters have the power to turn even the most desperate battles into a complete rout of the enemy. A situation that could prove immensely useful when adventurers come up against some of the more powerful rogue elemental spirits that wander Atreia. The main weapon of the Spiritmaster will be their summons. Each summon is tied to one of the four elements and each has its own special abilities. You can only have one of the elements out at a time, so the summon you pick will be vital to what situation you are presented with. The majority of skills will include, but not be limited to, buffing and healing the summoned pet. The spiritmaster's arsenal also includes abilities which fear, root, deal direct damage, and deal damage over time to their enemies.

The summoned classes are:

* Fire Elemental- Melee Offensive
* Water Elemental - Magical Ranged Offensive
* Wind Elemental - Magical Melee Offensive
* Earth Elemental - Tanking Type

Warrior --- Gladiator

Gladiators are skilled in using a variety of weapons, ranging from swords to halberds, their ultimate goal being to master a wide variety of fighting techniques tailored to the characteristics of their weapons. Gladiators prefer to defeat their enemies through brute force power and devastatingly accurate blows as opposed to fancy sword play and trickery. They specialize in close combat. Since the Gladiator is able to use the majority of the weapons, his skills are numerous and varied. They can use most weapons, and are a good balance of tanking and damage. The skills will do decent damage, but not as much as the damage based characters. In addition, they will be able to withstand a significant amount of damage, but cannot do so as much as the tanking characters, most prominently the Templar.

Warrior --- Templar

Fighting with a sword in one hand and a shield in the other, the Templar is both guardian and fierce combatant. To remain effective, the Templar should stay on or close to the front firing line. A warrior that fights with his head as well as his heart. The Templar provides shelter from enemy fire, absorbing much of the brunt in battle. This class also has a specialty in protection chants.

Sword/Shield
The main weapon of the Templar will be the Sword and shield. The majority of its skills will be based off of this combination, as well as a possible Defensive stance. This setup is mostly used in PvE.

Greatsword
A secondary weapon for the Templar to use. It deals higher damage than the sword/shield combination, but your base attacks are slower, and you lose access to shield skills. Mostly useful in PvP.

Mace/Shield
An uncommon build for a Templar. You will score critical hits a bit less often(-40 crit, when compared to swords), though your base attacks will score higher hits, on average.

Priest --- Cleric

Following the path of healing, the Cleric uses the power of magic to fortify an ally’s body and heal their wounds, or even resurrect a Daeva whose soul is separated from its body. The main role of the Cleric is to provide support to allies through healing or fortification, but they can also be formidable soldiers in battle using a mace and shield. The Cleric, as a Priest class, has access to One-handed Maces, Shields and Staffs. Obviously, Staffs cannot be combined with Shields as they are double-handed weapons, and you need a free arm to support a shield. Generally, the Mace & Shield option provides more survivability, and the Staff option more power.

Maces
A lot of clerics choose to stick with their trusty mace and shield after ascension, mainly for the added defense and survivability that helps a lot in PvP encounters with the other faction.

Staffs
An ability the Cleric acquires after ascending is using long staffs. Used most by PvE clerics, as the staff sacrifices the in PvE unneeded defense of a shield for extra power behind their spells.

Priest --- Chanter

Their specialty is in healing and fortifying magic, but they can also use a magic staff to great offensive effect. The Chanter uses mantras to strengthen allies and raise their morale. While fortifying allies is its greatest strength, in an emergency a Chanter can transform into a powerful soldier and can fight in close range combat using their magic staff. This makes them more of a buffer and debuffer class. The Chanter will be a skill based class, but will be able to cave in heads with a Mace.

Maces
The Chanter will depend on Maces to destroy their enemies. Other one-handed weapons are possible. To be effective, a Chanter should stay fully buffed.

Staff
The Chanter is able to use staff to attack enemies. Staff is good for parry.

Buffs
The Chanter's main source of damage will be buffing. Buffing themself as well as party members will increase damage, hp, range, or other things to help wipe out the enemies.

Scout --- Ranger

The Ranger lives by the bow and is a naturally talented archer. However, the bow is not the only weapon for Rangers, for they are also masters of the sword and dagger and adept in using traps. Rangers need to make predictions for combat situations and adapt their tactical decisions to cope with rapidly changing circumstances. And they have a great diversity of ranged attacks in order to suit many battle situations. The ranger will have access to a variety of weapons that will provide hard damage from afar and decent damage at melee range.

Bow/Arrow
The main weapon of the ranger will be the Bow and Arrow. The majority of its skills will be based off of this weapon.

Daggers/Swords
The secondary weapon of the ranger will be either double daggers or a one handed sword. They will have a secondary set of skills based off of melee attacks that will allow rangers to fend off characters that get too close for comfort.

Traps
A third weapon of the ranger is their traps. These have the ability to poison, throw the enemy into the air, stun them, ensnare them and more. They require a special item for use called a Tripeed Seed/Fruit of Tripeed and affect the first enemy to come within a five meter radius of it. Traps may not seem like a major tool of the ranger, but in fact if used properly can greatly turn the tide of a battle.

Scout --- Assasin

Assassins are experts in deft movement and the silent termination of their target. Employing a simple but deadly strategy, there are endless tactics with which to exact a swift and soundless blow to unsuspecting foes. The main combat strategy of this class is to approach the enemy stealthily, then deal high damage with one mighty blow, targeting the enemy's vital areas.
Back to top Go down
DylanLucas

Male Virgo Goat
Birthday : 1979-08-30
Job/Hobbies : 9dragons, my wife ^^, my lil son, real martial arts
Humor : Jerry=dragqueen

PostSubject: Re: Aion - What each class is all about   Aion - What each class is all about I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 2:02 am

Any info how much Aion gonna cost each month for the EU version?

Or maybe how much some pre-paid cards gonna cost?
Back to top Go down
Spirit-Fists
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Male Sagittarius Snake
Birthday : 1977-11-29
Job/Hobbies : Retail Management

PostSubject: Re: Aion - What each class is all about   Aion - What each class is all about I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 11:39 am

I haven't seen anything official yet, but while I was ordering a copy for a friend, I noticed a possible charge of £17.99 for 60 days, which I don't think is too bad when comparing it to some other MMORPG's
Back to top Go down
DylanLucas

Male Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: Aion - What each class is all about   Aion - What each class is all about I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 12:51 pm

Yup now ive seen then around 25 euros.....sow thats the same price as WoW probably.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbeggar
Mad Noob
Mad Noob
Dragonbeggar

Male Gemini Rat
Birthday : 1984-06-11
Job/Hobbies : wahahaha what?
Humor : erm?

PostSubject: Re: Aion - What each class is all about   Aion - What each class is all about I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 8:38 am

DylanLucas wrote:
Yup now ive seen then around 25 euros.....sow thats the same price as WoW probably.

well its 10+ Euros for 1 month, its not much. still, i wonder if it will surpass WoW
Back to top Go down
http://www.somethingawful.com/
DylanLucas

Male Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: Aion - What each class is all about   Aion - What each class is all about I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 4:40 am

I have heard that Blizzard is working on a new MMO too sow lets just wait and see what they come up with ....
Back to top Go down
Dragonbeggar
Mad Noob
Mad Noob
Dragonbeggar

Male Gemini Rat
Birthday : 1984-06-11
Job/Hobbies : wahahaha what?
Humor : erm?

PostSubject: Re: Aion - What each class is all about   Aion - What each class is all about I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 5:38 am

DylanLucas wrote:
I have heard that Blizzard is working on a new MMO too sow lets just wait and see what they come up with ....

o.O any screens? trailers? i wanna know!!! Very Happy like yesterday is too late already! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.somethingawful.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aion - What each class is all about   Aion - What each class is all about I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aion - What each class is all about
Page 1 of 1